Friday, May 7, 2010

4:27...and counting

It's come to my realization that I haven't blogged in quite a long time. So naturally, the right thing for me to do would be to wake up at 4:27 in the morning the day of my birthday and post something, right? For some  reason, sleep has escaped me the entire night. I didn't get to bed until 1:30, after having a drinks and appy night with my family, and I've been waking up every hour. So I've been enjoying the quiet of the house, reading Scripture, listening to classical cello, and wondering why I feel so calm and at peace at this ridiculous hour instead of being exhausted out of my mind. 

I've been reflecting on this past year, and I can't believe at how incredibly blessed I am. God has moved in so many amazing ways. Thinking of the countless tiny steps that have led up to this moment now, I am awed by His goodness and faithfulness. It's hard to believe that this time last year, I was finishing my hike in the Himalayas and falling for the most amazing man that I know. By the end of India, my life was headed in a completely new and different direction than it had been before Quest. I have received blessing after blessing this year. Living at Menno has given me another beautiful community, meaningful friendships, and lasting memories. My life in Vancouver was full of excitement, adventure, food, learning, and growing. I loved it. 

And now, I'm embarking on another journey and entering a new chapter of my life.
I'll be honest, I'm terrified to not be going back to Vancouver. 
But I'm still unbelievably excited to be moving to Edmonton. 

I feel as though the last 5 years of my life have been cycles of moving: a decision, packing, saying goodbye, traveling, arriving, unpacking, planting new roots, nurturing new relationships, memories, change. More packing, another goodbye, tears, excitement, hope, and a new destination.

I'm excited to see what God has in store for my 20th year and where He'll lead me. And to wrap this birthday post up, this is my prayer for the year... 

[came to my rescue: hillsong]

Falling on my knees in worship, 
Giving all I am to seek your face. 
Lord, all I am is yours.
I called, you answered.
And you came to my rescue, 
And I want to be where you are.
My whole life I place in your hands.
God of mercy, humbled I bow down, 
In your presence at your throne.
In my life be lifted high.
In our world, be lifted high. 
In our love, be lifted high. 


1 comment:

  1. just thinking of how blessed I am to have you brings tears to my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete