Thursday, July 15, 2010

...and finally, a word. Or two.

I apologize for how long it has been since my last post! However, in my defense, I will say that it has been an extremely busy time for me and my family. When I arrived back from Korea in May, I was put straight into "mom" mode as my parents left for Enderby and left me in charge of taking care of my grandma, my older cousin, and my younger brother. (My respect and love for my mom has grown ten-fold since!) I am NOT cut out to be a "mom" to a teenage boy, that's for sure... although, I am now well-versed in what to do when your car gets towed and ticketed. Not that I was dying to know or anything!

When my mom came back to Calgary a month afterwards, I thought my life would slow down a little bit, but then, unfortunately, my grandma had an accidental overdose of tylenol which put her into the Intensive Care Unit at Foothills Hospital. It was a big scare for my family as initially, the doctor told us that they were having troubles figuring out what was wrong with her and didn't expect her to make it through the night. The possibility of losing her ended up bringing all my mom's sisters to our home in Calgary and so life became even crazier as we had family from Toronto and Seoul flying in. Thankfully, God has healed my grandma, and after 4 days, she came out of her coma. Her health has been steadily improving and she will hopefully be out of the hospital soon! So thank you for all your prayers and your support =) 

Between work, spending time with family and going back and forth between the Hat &Calgary to see Caleb, life has been HECTIC. But God has been so good to me this summer. Along with the hardships of being a caretaker, juggling work, and the incident with my grandma, God has also given me so much joy. I now know how blessed I am to have such loving parents, who will always take care of me; a supportive boyfriend, who always reminds me to laugh and enjoy life, despite how hard it can be; and dedicated friends, who never fail to lend a listening ear. 

Which brings me to now. After the shock of hearing that Caleb's basement suite in Edmonton blew up from a hash oil extract gone wrong, I am SO THANKFUL that God protected him and Travis by now allowing it to have happened during the school year. It bothers me that they lived with these druggies for a couple months! I've been amazed and challenged by the way Caleb's handled this mess and I feel so proud and blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life, who can be so trusting in the Lord and still find some humour in the worst situations. I'm just glad that he wasn't present for the explosion. However, I have been blessed in Edmonton as I found a sweet deal on an apartment suite for me and my friend, Jenna for September and we're praying that God will provide a new place for Caleb,Travis, and Luke too. 

Life is not slowing down at this point, (I'm also the Music Leader for our church's VBS this week!) but I am feeling less overwhelmed and stressed and I only have you, my wonderful and dedicated friends and family, to thank. So, from the bottom of my heart,  thank you. For your prayers, your thoughts, and your love, I am deeply grateful. I love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know some of these crazy life things you had been dealing with! God IS good, and praise Him for being there for your family and healing your grandmother. I am SO glad I could get to know you more during our visit. I feel truly blessed. Caleb is a blessed man for sure!

    ReplyDelete